A History of Art History
Christopher S. Wood (Author)
An authoritative history of art history from its medieval origins to its modern predicaments In this authoritative book, the first of its kind in English, Christopher S. Wood tracks the evolution of the historical study of art from the late middle ages through the rise of the modern scholarly discipline of art history. Synthesizing and assessing a vast array of writings, episodes, and personalities, this original and accessible account of the development of art-historical thinking will appeal to readers both inside and outside the discipline. Combining erudition with clarity, this book makes a landmark contribution to the understanding of art history. 24 b/w illus.
Also available on eBook for £17.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Christopher S. Wood is a professor at New York University. His books include Albrecht Altdorfer and the Origins of Landscape and Forgery, Replica, Fiction: Temporalities of German Renaissance Art.
- Contributor: Christopher S. Wood
- Imprint: Princeton University Press
- ISBN13: 9780691204765
- Number of Pages: 472
- Packaged Dimensions: 165x235mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Princeton University Press
- Release Date: 2021-04-06
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Christopher S. Wood is a professor at New York University. His books include Albrecht Altdorfer and the Origins of Landscape and Forgery, Replica, Fiction: Temporalities of German Renaissance Art.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.