A Mosaic of Believers: Diversity and Innovation in a Multiethnic Church
Gerardo Marti (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Mosaic in southern California is one of the largest and most innovative multiethnic congregations in America. Gerardo Marti shows us how this unusual church has achieved multiethnicity, not by targeting specific groups, but by providing multiple havens of inclusion that play down ethnic differences. He reveals a congregation aiming to reconstruct evangelical theology, personal identity, member involvement, and church governance to create an institution with greater relevance to the social reality of a new generation. CPSIA choking or other US hazard warning -No California Proposition 65 hazard warning necessary
About the Author
Gerardo Marti is L. Richardson King Assistant Professor of Sociology at Davidson College and author of Hollywood Faith: Holiness, Prosperity, and Ambition in a Los Angeles Church.
- Contributor: Gerardo Marti
- Imprint: Indiana University Press
- ISBN13: 9780253203434
- Number of Pages: 264
- Packaged Dimensions: 155x235x19mm
- Packaged Weight: 417
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Indiana University Press
- Release Date: 2009-10-26
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Gerardo Marti is L. Richardson King Assistant Professor of Sociology at Davidson College and author of Hollywood Faith: Holiness, Prosperity, and Ambition in a Los Angeles Church.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.