A Practical Guide to Happiness in Children and Teens on the Autism Spectrum: A Positive Psychology Approach
Victoria Honeybourne (Author)
Full of simple strategies for happiness in children and teens with autism, this book is a must read for anyone dedicated to the wellbeing of a child on the spectrum. Bringing a refreshingly positive approach to mental health and autism, the guide is full of practical ideas for helping children strengthen their self-worth, optimism and receptivity to happiness. It also reveals how children can build resilience and better understand their feelings, giving them the skills to flourish and thrive and to ward off negative thoughts. The activities are ideal for all learning levels and can be done individually or in groups, at home or in the classroom. Talking about mental health in autism is all too often reduced to ways of 'curing illness' - this book helps to prevent poor mental health by making happiness a priority and an attainable goal. n/a
Also available on eBook for £12.29. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Victoria Honeybourne is a writer, trainer and senior advisory teacher in the field of special educational needs. She is a member of Nasen's 11-25 Advisory Group and has previously published Educating and Supporting Girls with Asperger's and Autism.
- Contributor: Victoria Honeybourne
- Imprint: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- ISBN13: 9781785923470
- Number of Pages: 216
- Packaged Dimensions: 164x228x13mm
- Packaged Weight: 302
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Release Date: 2017-11-21
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Victoria Honeybourne is a writer, trainer and senior advisory teacher in the field of special educational needs. She is a member of Nasen's 11-25 Advisory Group and has previously published Educating and Supporting Girls with Asperger's and Autism.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.