Ensure your students have access to the authoritative and in-depth content of this popular and trusted A Level History series.
For over twenty years Access to History has been providing students with reliable, engaging and accessible content on a wide range of topics. Each title in the series provides comprehensive coverage of different history topics on current AS and A2 level history specifications, alongside exam-style practice questions and tips to help students achieve their best.
- Ensures students gain a good understanding of the AS and A2 level history topics through an engaging, in-depth and up-to-date narrative, presented in an accessible way.
- Aids revision of the key A level history topics and themes through frequent summary diagrams
- Gives support with assessment, both through the books providing exam-style questions and tips for AQA, Edexcel and OCR A level history specifications and through FREE model answers with supporting commentary at Access to History online (www.accesstohistory.co.uk)
Germany Divided and Reunited 1945-91
This title covers the history of post-war Germany, from its division into east and west in 1949 to its reunification in 1990 and the immediate consequences. The book examines major questions such as:
- Why was Germany divided in 1949?
- To what extent did the FRG and GDR become models of their respective ideological systems?
- Why was there an easing of relations between the two Germanys?
- To what extent was the GDR a totalitarian state?
- Was reunification inevitable and to what extent has it been successful?
Nigel Bushnell is a York University History graduate. He teaches part-time in a north London comprehensive school and leads educational visits to central Europe. Nigel has also written publications to support GCSE SHP History specifications. Angela Leonard is an experienced A Level History author.
Introduction Germany 1945-91 Chapter 1 Defeated Germany to Divided Germany 1945-1949 Chapter 2 The contrasting Economic and Political Development of West Germany and East Germany, 1950-70 Chapter 3 Developments in West Germany 1969 -89 Chapter 4 Developments in East Germany under Honecker, 1971-1989 Chapter 5 The reuniting of Germany 1989-1990 Postscript A reunited Germany dealing with its past and its future