At a time when health care organizations face unprecedented financial challenges, understanding financial accounting is important for all health care professionals, especially those who manage a department and a budget. Designed for both students and professionals, Accounting Fundamentals for Health Care Management, Second Edition clearly explains accounting principles and applies them to the health care environment.Critical topics such as recording and reporting financial information, depreciation, and financial statement analysis are all thoroughly covered
The Second Edition offers:
* New co-author, Thad Calabrese
* New chapter (Chapter 2) provides an Excel tutorial.
* New discussion of the impact of Health Care Reform in Chapter 3
* Updated throughout with information on IFRS
* Coverage of `cash basis' vs. `accrual basis'
* New discussion of `fair value'
* Simplified discussion of MACRS
* New discussion of Sarbanes-Oxley Act
* Many general updates