This study explores how the emissions of acidifying gases in the atmosphere have caused the acidification of large freshwater areas in Europe and North America, and induced major changes in the structure and function of aquatic ecosystems. It focuses on the causes and consequences of this acidification, the links between terrestrial and aquatic effects, the prospects for reversing the damage and the prognosis for the future.
About the Author
C. E. W. Steinberg and R. F. Wright are the authors of Acidification of Freshwater Ecosystems: Implications for the Future, published by Wiley.
- Contributor: C. E. W. Steinberg
- Imprint: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- ISBN13: 9780471942061
- Number of Pages: 420
- Packaged Dimensions: 162x235x31mm
- Packaged Weight: 778
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Release Date: 1994-02-01
- Series: Dahlem Workshop Reports -- Environmental Sciences
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: C. E. W. Steinberg and R. F. Wright are the authors of Acidification of Freshwater Ecosystems: Implications for the Future, published by Wiley.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.