Up to 2 WeeksUsually despatched within 2 weeks
This comprehensive volume provides an indispensable analysis of the development of agricultural policy in Western Europe and the United States.
After providing a background to agricultural policy in the two regions, the authors focus on specific issues including:
* development policy and trade intervention up to 1930
* a review of the major adjustments to agricultural policy in the world depression of the 1930s
* agricultural adjustment and trade interaction between 1940 and 1973, including the enlargement of the EC, the formation of CAP and the foundation of GATT
* an examination of the growth in agricultural protection in the 1980s and the effects of the Uruguay Round of GATT negotiations on trade conflicts
* the EU's 1992 reform of CAP
* policy reforms in the 1990s in the US and Western Europe and the prospects for the future
The book concludes that although there continue to be substantial differences in agricultural policy between the EU and the US, they are diminishing as a result of a fundamental similarity of the forces pushing for reform and the harmonizing effects of international negotiations.
The late Ken A. Ingersent, former Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Research in Economic Development and International Trade, University of Nottingham, UK and A.J. Rayner, formerly Professor of Agricultural Economics, Department of Economics, University of Nottingham, UK
Contents: Preface 1. Background to Agricultural Policy 2. History to 1930: Development Policy and Trade Intervention 3. The 1930s: Economic Crisis and Agricultural Support Policies 4. 1940-73: Agricultural Adjustment and Trade Interaction 5. 1973-1980s: Agricultural Expansion and the Rise of Trade Policy Issues 6. International Policy Adjustment 7. Policy Reforms in the 1990s and the Prospects for Further Adjustments Bibliography Index
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9781840644647
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36