Agricultural Systems: Agroecology and Rural Innovation for Development is a comprehensive source for developing sustainable farming systems. With the inclusion of research theory and examples using the principles of cropping system design, students will gain a unique understanding of the technical, biological, ecological, economic, and sociological aspects of farming systems science for rural livelihoods.
Editors Snapp and Pound provide a much-needed synthetic overview of the emerging area of agroecology applications to transforming farming systems and supporting rural innovation. A companion website for training and teaching features learning modules, student exercises, case studies, illustrative power point presentations, and reference links.
The wide range of subjects, integrated references, and companion website, make this core reading for courses in international agricultural systems and management, sustainable agricultural management, and cropping systems.
* Coverage provides students with an enhanced understanding of how research can be harnessed for sustainable agriculture
* Incorporates social, biological, chemical, and geographical aspects important to agroecology
* Addresses social and development issues related to farming systems
* Companion Website for training and teaching: learning modules, student exercises, case studies, illustrative power point presentations, and reference links
- publication date: 02/09/2011
- ID: 9780080919775
- book language: en
- publisher: Elsevier Science
- publisher imprint: Academic Press
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes