Flowering shrubs can be the most dramatic and beautiful features in a garden. This book gives Alan Titchmarsh's expert advice on selecting the right plants for you, looking at colour, size and aspect to create stunning effects and healthy, happy plants.
* guidance on choosing flowering shrubs for colour and situation
* practical advice on planting, general care, propagation, pruning and renovation
* illustrated A-Z profiles of recommended plants
* detailed planting plans for using shrubs in borders
* step-by-step illustrations showing essential techniques
Alan Titchmarsh imparts a lifetime of expertise in these definitive guides for beginners and experienced gardeners. Step-by-step illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions guide you through the basic gardening skills and on to the advanced techniques, providing everything you need to enjoy flowering shrubs in your garden.
Originally trained at Hertfordshire College of Horticulture and Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Alan Titchmarsh is the author of over 40 books about gardening, including How to be a Gardener Book 1: Back to Basics, the fastest-selling of all time in the genre, and the bestselling The Kitchen Gardener: How to Grow Your Own Fruit and Veg. He writes for BBC Gardeners' World Magazine, and is gardening correspondent for the Daily Express and Sunday Express. He has presented Gardeners' World, the annual coverage of The Chelsea Flower Show and Nature of Britain, and has his own daily chatshow and presents his own show on Radio 2.