One of the most exciting aspects of gardening is growing your own plants from scratch. In this definitive guide, Alan Titchmarsh shows how simple it is to propagate plants by following a few basic techniques. Learn how to produce a flourishing garden filled with ornamental and edible plants, at very little expense.
* Demystified, down-to-earth approach to propagation
* Easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step diagrams
* A-Z directory with recommended propagation techniques for each plant
* Key tips on taking cuttings, sowing seed, layering and division
* Guidance on promoting growth of young plants
Originally trained at Hertfordshire College of Horticulture and Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Alan Titchmarsh is the author of over 40 books about gardening, including How to be a Gardener Book 1: Back to Basics, the fastest-selling of all time in the genre. He writes for BBC Gardeners' World Magazine, and is gardening correspondent for the Daily Express and Sunday Express. A frequent broadcaster, Alan has covered The Chelsea Flower Show for the BBC for over 25 years, presents Love Your Garden for ITV, and has a weekly show on Radio 2.