Water will bring a garden miraculously to life, drawing the eye more than any other feature. When still, its shimmering reflections create a peaceful mood, while moving water animates the garden scene and delights with its mesmerizing sounds. In this definitive guide, Alan shows you how to design and make a water feature to suit any size and style of garden, from a large wildlife pond, stream or rill to the tiniest pebble or wall fountain.
* Easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step diagrams
* A-Z directory of Alan's recommended pond and waterside plants
* Guide to choosing and caring for fish
* Key tips on encouraging wildlife to your pond
* Season-by-season guide to pond maintenance
Originally trained at Hertfordshire College of Horticulture and Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Alan Titchmarsh is the author of over 40 books about gardening, including How to be a Gardener Book 1: Back to Basics, the fastest-selling of all time in the genre. He writes for BBC Gardeners' World Magazine, and is gardening correspondent for the Daily Express and Sunday Express. A frequent broadcaster, Alan has covered The Chelsea Flower Show for the BBC for over 25 years, presents Love Your Garden for ITV, and has a weekly show on Radio 2.