Along the Penistone Line
Peter Thomas (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
It is curious that the nineteenth-century railway builders should even have thought of a line linking Huddersfield with Sheffield, now known as the Penistone Line, with the risk of all sorts of disasters. As Along the Penistone Line makes clear, collisions, runaway trains, collapsed tunnels and viaducts: the Penistone Line had them all.
About the Author
Peter Thomas was the principal of a further education college before he retired. He now lectures on British heritage subjects in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and Europe. This is his third book.
- Contributor: Peter Thomas
- Imprint: The History Press Ltd
- ISBN13: 9780750946193
- Number of Pages: 160
- Packaged Dimensions: 172x248x10mm
- Packaged Weight: 410
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Release Date: 2007-06-19
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Peter Thomas was the principal of a further education college before he retired. He now lectures on British heritage subjects in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and Europe. This is his third book.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.