DescriptionAlternative Race Technology is dedicated to the analysis of the new technologies that are starting to change the face of motorsport. The future is hereexplore its exciting novelties through this unique technical publication! Contents include:Intro: THE EDITOR - Advances in hybrid and electric racecar technology show there is no limit to creativity within a given set of regulations Grid: IN THE NEWS - Batteries come to the fore for energy storage in this year?s LM P1 Hybrid class, fuel cell-powered Prototype unveiled, and much more? In Conversation: JOSHUA SCHACHTER - This Silicon Valley-based inventor and entrepreneur tells Lawrence Butcher about his vision for a new form of autonomous racing Dossier: BUCKEYE BULLET 3 LSR - The team that holds the electric land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats plans to break that record with a new car. Lawrence Butcher charts its development Insight: CABLE ASSEMBLIES - What sets wiring destined for use in EVs and hybrids apart from standard power cables Lawrence Butcher reports Digest: ANDROS TROPHY ELECTRIC CAR - Hal Ridge reports on what went into developing the racer for the electric category of this premier winter motorsport series Insight: HIGH-TORQUE MOTORS - Electric motors with a high torque density are a must-have for racing applications. Here we examine the development of one such unit Technical Review: FORMULA E - For its second season, the focus on improving the performance of the Formula E cars was to make efficiency gains. Lawrence Butcher reports Insight: INVERTERS AND MOTOR CONTROL - Lawrence Butcher examines the role of these control devices and explains some of the challenges they face in a racing environment Digest: LPG FIESTA R5 - Thanks to the FIA the days of the only LPG-fuelled rally car in the world could be numbered, writes Hal Ridge Insight: COOLING ELECTRIC MOTORS - There are various ways to control the temperatures in electric motors used in racing, as Lawrence Butcher explains ALTERNATIVE TECHNOLOGY SUPPLIERS - Our listing of companies offering products and services to the alternative race technology community PS: ALTERNATIVE IS THE NEW MAINSTREAM - What was seen as alternative race technology five years ago is now the norm, so in five years? time what will the next ?alternative? be
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.