Anna North (Author)
Hundreds of miles off the frozen coast of what was once California is America Pacifica, where those who fled the dawn of the new ice age have tried to recreate their former home . . . America Pacifica is an island hundreds of miles off the coast of California - the only warm place left in a world in the grip of a new ice age. Darcy Pern is seventeen; her mother has gone missing, and the novel details her quest to find out the truth about her disappearance - a quest which soon becomes an investigation of the disturbing origins of America Pacifica itself, and its sinister and reclusive leader, a man known only as Tyson. America Pacifica invites comparison with the work of Margaret Atwood and China Mieville, but also with Cormac McCarthy's The Road, for its post-apocalyptic scenario and the touching relationship between Darcy and her mother, and the Stieg Larsson trilogy for its implacable central character who is determined to uncover the truth.
Also available on eBook for £2.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Anna North is twenty-six. Her work has appeared in a variety of US magazines, and she is a regular contributor to Jezebel.com. Her story 'A Record Book for Small Famers' was a finalist for a National Magazine Award in 2006.
- Contributor: Anna North
- Imprint: Virago Press Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781844086917
- Number of Pages: 304
- Packaged Dimensions: 160x135x21mm
- Packaged Weight: 244
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
- Release Date: 2012-07-05
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Anna North is twenty-six. Her work has appeared in a variety of US magazines, and she is a regular contributor to Jezebel.com. Her story 'A Record Book for Small Famers' was a finalist for a National Magazine Award in 2006.