A Comprehensive Foundational Text for a Rapidly-Growing Field
In a world heavily influenced by popular forensic television dramas, the real-life duties and complexities involved in crime scene investigation are often misrepresented and misunderstood. An Introduction to Crime Scene Investigation, Second Edition is a comprehensive and accurate overview of the practical application of forensic science in crime scene investigation. Focusing on the day-to-day aspects, the text describes the methodologies and technologies employed by crime scene personnel, and pushes the reader to identify the interrelated components of the investigative process.
Recognizing the importance of those who have contributed to and advanced the field of forensic science, the reader is introduced to crime scene investigation through a historical perspective. The thoroughly revised and updated second edition covers components not typically found in many crime scene texts, including ethical considerations and public misconceptions of the investigative process-the so-called "CSI Effect." Extensive discussion of physical evidence examination and analysis is provided, including the forensic potential of physical evidence, crime scene procedures, and what evidence should be documented, collected, and preserved. Real-life examples and detailed figures enhance comprehension and demonstrate specific strategies for technique application. An Introduction to Crime Scene Investigation, Second Edition is an invaluable reference and essential educational resource.
Key features of the revised and updated second edition include:
* All-new figures and material expansions of each chapter, with updated content on changes in the law, current events, and shifts in the industry
* New "View From An Expert" sections that provide insight and analysis from experts from around the country
* Full-color illustrations
* Learning objectives, key terms, references, and review questions for each chapter
* "Ripped from the Headlines" current event examples in each chapter
* Real-life case scenarios and summations to increase comprehension of content