Anatomy & Physiology: A Complete Introduction is designed to give you everything you need to succeed, all in one place. It covers the key areas that students are expected to be confident in, outlining the basics in clear, jargon-free English and providing added-value features like summaries of key books and even lists of questions you might be asked in your seminar or exam.
The book uses a structure that mirrors the way anatomy & physiology is taught on many university courses, providing a comprehensive introduction to the structure and function of the human body. Extensively illustrated, the book also covers modern methods of investigation, relevant aspects of modern genetics, sports injuries, environmental and evolutionary considerations, and the physiological aspects of AIDS. Topics covered include: cells and tissues; the skeleton; muscle; body coverings and body systems; the upper limb; the lower limb; the abdomen; the thorax; the head and neck; basic biophysics and chemistry; foodstuffs and vitamins; digestion; absorption, utilization and storage of digested food; blood, lymph and reticuloendothelial (immune) system; the heart and circulation; respiration; excretion; nervous system and sense organs; the endocrine system; reproduction and development; environmental considerations; evolution.
Anatomy & Physiology employs the 'Breakthrough Method' to help you advance quickly at any subject, whether you're studing for an exam or just for your own interst. The Breakthrough Method is designed to overcome typical problems you'll face as learn new concepts and skills.
- Problem: "I find it difficult to remember what I've read."; Solution: this book includes end-of-chapter summaries and questions to test your understanding.
- Problem: "Lots of introductory books turn out to cover totally different topics than my course."; Solution: this book is written by a university lecturer who understands what students are expected to know.
- publication date: 08/10/2015
- ID: 9781473608672
- book language: en
- publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
- publisher imprint: Teach Yourself
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes