Anglo-Saxon Textual Illustration: Photographs of Sixteen Manuscripts with Descriptions and Index (Research in Medieval Culture New edition)
Thomas H. Ohlgren (Contributor)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Illustrations and major decoration of sixteen Anglo-Saxon manuscripts, fully described and indexed, are reproduced here in 454 photographs, many for the first time. Manuscripts included are: the Athelstan Psalter, the Harley Psalter, the Bury Psalter, the Paris Psalter, the Boulogne Gospels, the Arenberg Gospels, the Trinity Gospels, the Eadui Codex, Pembroke College MS 301, the Bury Gospels, the Judith of Flanders Gospels (Pierpont Morgan MSS 709 and 708), the Monte Casino Gospel Book, the Hereford Gospels, the Psychomachia of Prudentius, and the Junius Manuscript. 454 Illustrations, black and white
About the Author
Thomas H. Ohlgren (professor emeritus from Purdue University) has published extensively on the development of the outlaw legends of Robin Hood and on the study of Insular manuscripts.
- Contributor: Thomas H. Ohlgren
- Imprint: Medieval Institute Publications
- ISBN13: 9781879288102
- Number of Pages: 590
- Packaged Dimensions: 229x305mm
- Packaged Weight: 2
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Medieval Institute Publications
- Release Date: 1992-05-01
- Series: Research in Medieval Culture
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Thomas H. Ohlgren (professor emeritus from Purdue University) has published extensively on the development of the outlaw legends of Robin Hood and on the study of Insular manuscripts.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.