The Anti Money Laundering Guide is a comprehensive and practical service which reflects the latest position on the law and practice in the UK on the prevention of money laundering. It also provides the latest available information and guidance on how money laundering is handled and penalised in key financial jurisdictions around the world.
The Guide is the only work to combine:
* Relevant, extensive source material
* A full explanation of the nature of money laundering
* Guidelines to meet the requirements of UK law on money laundering through a practical explanation of the law, compliance requirements, investigations and prosecutions and the wider civil law consequences of money laundering
* An analysis of the international response to money laundering
* A survey of the money laundering regimes, if any, to be found in the world's key financial jurisdictions (this survey will be extended in future updates)
What is money laundering? Control of money laundering in the UK: UK law and practice. Prevention, due diligence and know your customer. Compliance. Reporting suspicions and whistle-blowing. Conducting and responding to investigations. Prosecuting financial crimes. International mutual assistance. Civil law liability. The international element: International and regional initiatives. General characteristics of offshore jurisdictions. Profiles for 57 countries and regions. Each country profile tackles the following: Background to the control of money laundering. General provisions. Specific offences of laundering. Reporting and compliance obligations. Related legislation. Provisions for confiscation and forfeiture of assets.