Exam Board: AQA
First Teaching: September 2015
First Exam: June 2016
Build knowledge of Economics through active learning with the latest Powell textbook, featuring quantitative skills practice and brand new case studies.
This textbook has been fully revised to reflect the 2015 AQA A-level specification, giving you up-to-date material that supports your teaching and will enable your students to:
- Develop subject knowledge with topic-by-topic support from Ray Powell and James Powell, who both have extensive experience in teaching and examining
- Demonstrate awareness of current issues in Economics through brand new case studies that also help build analytical and evaluative skills
- Use the language of economics to explain important concepts and issues effectively, with key terms identified throughout the text and glossaries for both microeconomics and macroeconomics
- Build quantitative skills with worked examples
- Stretch and challenge their knowledge with extension materials
- Prepare for exams with practice questions and activities throughout
Ray Powell is an experienced author, teacher and examiner. He has written numerous best-selling books on AQA Economics. James Powell is an experienced Head of Economics and author of workbooks for the same specification.