Exam Board: AQA
First Teaching: September 2014
First Exam: June 2016
Motivate students to think philosophically with this accessible and imaginative guide for the latest specification, brought to you by the market-leading A-level publisher.
Written by the authors of our bestselling AQA AS Philosophy textbook, this title covers both A2 units, Ethics and Philosophy of Mind, using the same clear style and modern examples throughout.
- Cements knowledge and understanding of complex philosophical concepts through detailed coverage of key topics, student-friendly language and explanatory diagrams
- Develops students' analytical skills and their own philosophical viewpoints using a variety of thought-provoking practical activities and tasks
- Helps students to engage with the anthology texts at the back of the book with clear prompts in every chapter
- Stretches high achievers through signposted extension material that enhances high-level critical thinking skills
- Draws on the author team's extensive practical teaching experience to provide a coherent and stimulating route through the 2014 specification
Gerald Jones is Head of Humanities at the Mary Ward Centre, a DfES beacon college in central London. Gerald has also lectured in philosophy and critical thinking since 1990, and at the Institute of Education since 1996. He has a particular interest in the subtler and more nebulous skills and processes of adult education - and in harnessing tutor power through teacher-led think tanks. He has developed a games-based approach to teaching philosophy that has made it accessible to a wider range of learners, from the under-8s to the over-80s. He has published several books including Exploring Ethics, Gatekeepers, Midwives and Fellow Travellers and a series of six philosophy books for Hodder. He is currently on sabbatical, with his family, in Sydney, Australia.