Exam Board: AQA
Level & Subject: GCSE Biology
First teaching: September 2016 First exams: June 2018
GCSE Science is changing and AQA GCSE (9-1) Biology from Collins has been developed to embed the skills your students need to succeed in all three assessment objectives, while providing a clear and supportive route through the new, more challenging GCSE content.
* Each spread starts with language and ideas at a lower level and increases in complexity, engaging students of all ability levels
* Key concept spreads highlight knowledge that students must grasp before they can move on
* Dedicated pages on analysing, interpreting and evaluating all the required practicals, so students are fully prepared for the indirect assessment.
* Maths activities at the appropriate level are embedded throughout, along with Maths skills pages that focus on developing the skills needed for each topic
* Prepare students for the demands of the new specification with differentiated questions, worked examples and lots of opportunities to practice
* Co-teach both Foundation and Higher tier with a single book (the Higher-only content is clearly flagged).
Ann Pilling was brought up in Warrington, Cheshire and many of her books are set in the industrial North West. After reading English at London University, she taught in Buckinghamshire, then spent time in America before returning to England and settling eventually in Oxford. She is married with two sons. Ann has been writing books for children since 1983. Whenever possible, Ann retreats to the Yorkshire Dales which she calls 'the country of my heart'.