Art Therapy with Older Adults: Connected and Empowered
Erin Partridge (Author)
This book outlines a framework for art therapy with older adults rooted in a belief in the autonomy and self-efficacy of older adults, including those with dementia or other diseases of later life. Advocating for a more collaborative approach to art-making, the author presents approaches and directives designed to facilitate community engagement, stimulate intellectual and emotional exploration, and promote a sense of individual and collective empowerment. Relevant to community, assisted living, skilled nursing and dementia-care environments, it includes detailed case studies and ideas for using art therapy to tackle stigma around stroke symptoms and dementia, encourage increased interactions between older adults in care homes, promote resilience, and much more. 13 b&w images
Also available on eBook for £15.19. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Erin Partridge is an art therapist and researcher. She has worked with older adults for over 7 years and is part-time faculty in the art therapy department at Notre Dame de Namur in Belmont, CA.
- Contributor: Erin Partridge
- Imprint: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- ISBN13: 9781785928246
- Number of Pages: 152
- Packaged Dimensions: 153x228x9mm
- Packaged Weight: 233
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Release Date: 2019-02-21
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Erin Partridge is an art therapist and researcher. She has worked with older adults for over 7 years and is part-time faculty in the art therapy department at Notre Dame de Namur in Belmont, CA.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.