ASPEN Enteral Nutrition Handbook, Second Edition is a comprehensive resource on how to safely, effectively, and confidently care for patients receiving tube feeding. The clinician will find everything needed for positive patient outcomes, including step-by-step techniques based on a wide variety of practical tools to save time and boost quality of care.
The handbook's best practices format, multidisciplinary perspective, and training expertise offers something for everyone from novice to the advanced practitioner.
The first edition of the EN handbook was released in Feb 2010. Since then, ASPEN has developed numerous clinical guidelines, such as Safe Practices for Enteral Nutrition Therapy, now incorporated in this book.
Key new features include:
- Chapter on preparation, labeling, and dispensing of enteral nutrition
- Separate chapters on adult and pediatric/infant formulas
- Illustrated information on use of ENFit (R) devices for tube feeding and enteral medication
- Updated guidance on nutrition assessment (characteristics of malnutrition in adults and children)
- Broadened information across the healthcare settings, eg, home care
- Expanded coverage of the use of blenderized tube feedings
- Best-practice tips (eg, patient discharge, patient education) based on ASPEN's clinical guidelines and other resources