What starts as a pleasant class trip to a planet five light-years away from Earth becomes a nightmare survival trip back home from 5,000 light-years away.
It's the year 2063, and interstellar space travel has become the norm. Eight students from Caird High School and one child set out on a routine planet camp excursion. While there, the students are mysteriously transported 5,000 light-years away to the middle of nowhere! Will they ever make it back to Earth?!
It's the first day of Planet Camp, and Aries Spring couldn't be more excited! She, along with eight other strangers, leave for Planet McPa for a weeklong excursion. Soon after they arrive, however, a mysterious orb appears and transports them into the depths of space, where they find an empty floating spaceship...
* Science fiction survival epic from the creator of Sket Dance!
* Releases two times a year for 2+ volumes. Series is ongoing.
* Twice a week free serialization on viz.com/shonenjump alongside Boruto and Dragon Ball Super.
* Creator's other manga, Sket Dance!, has an anime streaming on Crunchyroll.
* Has a simultaneous, fully voiced video-comic version of the manga in Japan.
Kenta Shinohara started his manga career as an assistant to the legendary creator Hideaki Sorachi of Gin Tama. In 2006, he wrote and published a one-shot, Sket Dance, that would later begin serialization in 2007 in Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan. Sket Dance went on to win the 55th Shogakukan Manga Award for the shonen manga category and inspired an anime in 2011. Following the end of Sket Dance's serialization in 2013, Shinohara designed the characters for an original card game anime titled Battle Spirits: Burning Soul before beginning work on Astra Lost in Space.