In this non-fiction recount of a family trip to the dump, simple text combined with Ley Honor Roberts lively and inimitable cartoon-photo collage style brings environmental issues to life. The family's journey around the dump shows how different materials are sorted into different containers, ready for recycling.
* Red B/Band 2B books offer simple but varied text with familiar objects and actions, combined with simple story development and a satisfying conclusion.
* Text type - A simple recount.
* A diagram on pages 14 and 15 provides a chance to recap where each material was deposited.
* This information book is paired with a story on the same theme: Tec and the Litter by Tony Mitton.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
Claire Llewellyn is a prize-winning author of nonfiction for young readers. In 1991 she was shortlisted for the prestigious TES Junior Information Book Award for MacDonald's Take One: Rubbish, and in 1992 she won that award for My First Book of Time. Since then she has written more than 20 children's books on a wide range of subjects.