Augustine of Hippo and his Monastic Rule: (Clarendon Paperbacks)
George Lawless (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks
* With a Latin text and a facing-page translation of the Rule, Regulations for a Monastery, and Letter 211 The Rule of Augustine, very likely the oldest monastic rule with western origins, provides daily inspiration for more than 150 Christian communities. In giving an account of Augustine's distinctive contributions to the monastic spirituality of the late Roman world, and in particular of his achievement as a monastic legislator, Augustine of Hippo and his Monastic Rule fills a long-standing gap in Augustinian studies.
- Contributor: George Lawless
- Imprint: Clarendon Press
- ISBN13: 9780198267416
- Number of Pages: 208
- Packaged Dimensions: 139x216x12mm
- Packaged Weight: 278
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Release Date: 1990-08-09
- Series: Clarendon Paperbacks
- Binding: Paperback / softback
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.