Australia and the Middle East: A Front-line Relationship
Fethi Mansouri (Contributor)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Australia's encounters with the Middle East have historically been defined initially through its membership of the British Empire, later as a key Commonwealth player and more recently through Australia's close strategic relationship with the US. This book traces the nature of the Australia-Middle East relationship, from an insular 'White Australia' ideology through to the global impact of September 11, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and the new and menacing terror threat that has arrived on its own doorstep. A comprehensive analysis of this complex relationship provides an essential basis for understanding past encounters, evaluating present policies and developing a framework for future interactions. The book seeks to draw together the various dimensions and themes of this relationship - from trade and migration, to Australia's increasing strategic interest and current military involvement in the region.
About the Author
Fethi Mansouri is Associate Professor in Middle Eastern Studies at Deakin University. He is the Project Group chair of the Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation and the founding Convenor of the Refugee Studies Group. He is co-author of Lives in Limbo.
- Contributor: Fethi Mansouri
- Imprint: Tauris Academic Studies
- ISBN13: 9781848859685
- Number of Pages: 272
- Packaged Dimensions: 138x216mm
- Packaged Weight: 363
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2011-09-28
- Series: Library of International Relations
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Fethi Mansouri is Associate Professor in Middle Eastern Studies at Deakin University. He is the Project Group chair of the Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation and the founding Convenor of the Refugee Studies Group. He is co-author of Lives in Limbo.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.