Avro: The History of an Aircraft Company in Photographs
Harry Holmes (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The story of A.V. Roe and Company Ltd (Avro) begins in the very earliest years of aviation, only a few years after man's first powered flight. Alliot Verdon Roe was one of Britain's pioneer aviators and in 1910 he founded the company that bears his name. Famous for well-designed, reliable aeroplanes, Avro's greatest achievements were two bombers, the Lancaster and the Vulcan, which captivate public imagination to this day. In this new and redesigned edition, Avro historian Harry Holmes brings you a complete history in photographs of this much-loved manufacturer, from the earliest years to the revival of the Avro name by BAe. 220 Illustrations, black and white
About the Author
Harry Holmes was born in Lancashire in 1936. After service in the RAF he joined A.V. Roe & Company Ltd working in marketing before transferring to public relations until he retired in 1993.
- Contributor: Harry Holmes
- Imprint: The History Press Ltd
- ISBN13: 9780750970334
- Number of Pages: 96
- Packaged Dimensions: 248x226mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Release Date: 2017-02-01
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Harry Holmes was born in Lancashire in 1936. After service in the RAF he joined A.V. Roe & Company Ltd working in marketing before transferring to public relations until he retired in 1993.