Badger's Parting Gifts: 35th Anniversary Edition of a picture book to help children deal with death
Susan Varley (Author)
Badger is so old that he knows he must soon die, so he does his best to prepare his friends. When he finally passes away, they are grief-stricken, but one by one they remember the special things he taught them during his life. By sharing their memories, they realise that although Badger is no longer with them physically, he lives on through his friends. Celebrating the 35th anniversary of this quintessential and multi award-winning picture book about losing a loved one. Features a helpful reading guide from Child Bereavement UK that provides tips for reading Badger's Parting Gifts with children and helping them better understand grief. Endorsed by Child Bereavement UK. 'Badger's Parting Gifts provides young children with a means to understand grief' CHILD BEREAVEMENT UK 'The best book for children on this theme.' THE TIMES EDUCATIONAL SUPPLEMENT Winner of the Mother Goose Award 1985.
About the Author
Susan Varley is an award-winning artist who has illustrated many books for Andersen Press. Her picture book Badger's Parting Gifts that deals with grief, is one of the most enduring of all time, winning many prizes, including the Mother Goose Award in 1985.
- Contributor: Susan Varley
- Imprint: Andersen Press Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781849395144
- Number of Pages: 32
- Packaged Dimensions: 272x231x4mm
- Packaged Weight: 200
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Andersen Press Ltd
- Release Date: 2013-03-07
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Susan Varley is an award-winning artist who has illustrated many books for Andersen Press. Her picture book Badger's Parting Gifts that deals with grief, is one of the most enduring of all time, winning many prizes, including the Mother Goose Award in 1985.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.