Amat, an artist who specializes in stains, did not miss this opportunity to document this manifestation of traditional folklore and anthropological significance. Immersed in the tumult black tar, recording with his camera the ink-stained celebrants, Amat produced a series of images on which later he made subtle interventions with black paint, bringing out a sense of movement, masking a face, or underlining a fleeting trace. The dance of ink with ink is heightened into a striking dialogue of blackened surfaces.
About the Author
Painter, designer, and set designer, Amat is one Spain's foremost contemporary artists, well-known both at home and on the international scene.
- Contributor: Frederic Amat
- Imprint: Editorial RM Mexico
- ISBN13: 9788417047290
- Number of Pages: 60
- Packaged Dimensions: 203x300mm
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Editorial RM Mexico
- Release Date: 2018-01-31
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Painter, designer, and set designer, Amat is one Spain's foremost contemporary artists, well-known both at home and on the international scene.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.