H.P. Lovecraft is widely regarded as a modern master of the horror tale, and his Cthulhu Mythos have wide-ranging influence in modern popular culture. This volume presents the work of four authors who heavily influenced Lovecraft's own literary development.
Included here are:
- Algernon Blackwood's "The Willows," described by Lovecraft as "the greatest weird tale ever written"
- Arthur Machen's "The White People," which Lovecraft saw as second to "The Willows."
- M.R. James' "The Great God Pan," which Stephen King described as "one of the best horror stories ever written. Maybe the best in the English language."
- Robert W. Chambers' "The Yellow Sign" taken from his volume described by E.F. Bleiler as "one of the most important works of American supernatural fiction."
As well as eight other stories from these authors. Also included is H.P. Lovecraft's seminal essay "Supernatural Horror in Fiction."
- publication date: 22/01/2014
- ID: 1230000212122
- book language: en
- publisher: Long Count Press
- Android Epub DRM No
- Ereader Epub DRM No
- Desktop Epub DRM No
- IOS Epub DRM No
- Windows Epub DRM No