Bit by Bit: Social Research in the Digital Age
Matthew J. Salganik (Author)
An innovative and accessible guide to doing social research in the digital age The rapid spread of social media, smartphones, and other digital wonders enables us to collect and process data about human behavior on a scale never before imaginable, offering entirely new approaches to core questions about social behavior. Bit by Bit is the key to unlocking these powerful methods. In this authoritative and accessible book, Matthew Salganik explains how the digital revolution is transforming the way social scientists observe behavior, ask questions, run experiments, and engage in mass collaborations. Featuring a wealth of real-world examples and invaluable advice on how to tackle the thorniest ethical challenges, Bit by Bit is the essential guide to doing social research in this fast-evolving digital age. 79 b/w illus. 28 tables. 2 maps.
About the Author
Matthew J. Salganik is professor of sociology at Princeton University, where he is also affiliated with the Center for Information Technology Policy and the Center for Statistics and Machine Learning.
- Contributor: Matthew J. Salganik
- Imprint: Princeton University Press
- ISBN13: 9780691196107
- Number of Pages: 448
- Packaged Dimensions: 178x229mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Princeton University Press
- Release Date: 2019-07-26
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Matthew J. Salganik is professor of sociology at Princeton University, where he is also affiliated with the Center for Information Technology Policy and the Center for Statistics and Machine Learning.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.