Rebecca Mascull (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Imagine if you couldn't see couldn't hear couldn't speak... Then one day somebody took your hand and opened up the world to you. Adeliza Golding is a deaf-blind girl, born in late Victorian England on her father's hop farm. Unable to interact with her loving family, she exists in a world of darkness and confusion; her only communication is with the ghosts she speaks to in her head, who she has christened the Visitors. One day she runs out into the fields and a young hop-picker, Lottie, grabs her hand and starts drawing shapes in it. Finally Liza can communicate. Her friendship with her teacher and with Lottie's beloved brother Caleb leads her from the hop gardens and oyster beds of Kent to the dusty veldt of South Africa and the Boer War, and ultimately to the truth about the Visitors.
Also available on eBook for £1.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Rebecca Mascull is the author of THE VISITORS and SONG OF THE SEA MAID. She has previously worked in education, has a Masters in Writing and lives by the sea in the east of England. Visit her website rebeccamascull.tumblr.com.
- Contributor: Rebecca Mascull
- Imprint: Hodder Paperback
- ISBN13: 9781444765236
- Number of Pages: 304
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x197x20mm
- Packaged Weight: 206
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
- Release Date: 2014-07-17
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Rebecca Mascull is the author of THE VISITORS and SONG OF THE SEA MAID. She has previously worked in education, has a Masters in Writing and lives by the sea in the east of England. Visit her website rebeccamascull.tumblr.com.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.