The third largest island in the world, Borneo screams adventure. Footprint's 4th edition Borneo Handbook: Sarawak - Brunei - Sabah will guide you from the dense & pristine rainforest to the glimmering golden roofs of Brunei, with moody mountain peaks in between.
- Dedicated to the northern half of Borneo: Sarawak - Brunei - Sabah. Also includes what to do in the gateway cities of Singapore & Kuala Lumpur
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from unparalleled underwater adventures to wildlife spotting and exploring caves
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
- Full-colour planning section to inspire and help you find the best experiences
- Personal recommendations from the authors on everything from snorkelling and birdwatching, to colonial splendours and forest longhouses
From seeing orang-utans, elephants and crocodiles to relaxing on a boat along the Rejang, Footprint's fully updated 4th edition will help you navigate this untamed destination.
Paul has travelled extensively in Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Indian subcontinent. He has spent the last fifteen years living and working in Indonesia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and China as an English teacher. When not preparing his students for exams, Paul writes travel articles for several foreign magazines and travel websites, as well as helping to research and write guidebooks for Footprint.
1) Planning your trip 2) Sarawak 3) Sabah 4) Brunei 5) Practicalities (inc. Kuala Lumpur & Singapore) 6) Footnotes