British Rail Standard Pacifics features steam locomotives in the Britannia,Duke of Gloucester, and Clan classes.
- There are photographs of every Britannia class locomotive, the Duke of Gloucester and all the Clan class engines.
- A book of this nature has not been seen hitherto.
- There is a considerable number of evocative colour pictures as well as an abundance of pin-sharp black and white images.
- The total number of pictures is around 300.
- The captions are well researched and informative.
- The Britannia class locomotives are seen in various locations up and down the country: in London, the West Country, East Anglia, North West, Yorkshire and many other areas. The Clan Class are mainly seen operating in Scotland but a few
are seen south of the Border.
- Many engines are depicted undertaking a variety of duties as well as being captured on shed. Several are seen on works and on the scrap line.
- The book will be of interest to both rail enthusiasts and social historians alike.