In Broader, Bolder, Better, authors Elaine Weiss, of the Broader, Bolder Approach to Education campaign, and Paul Reville, former Massachusetts education secretary, make a compelling case for a fundamental change in the way we view education. The authors argue for a large-scale expansion of community-school partnerships in order to provide integrated student supports (ISS) from cradle to careers, including traditional wraparound services like mental health and nutrition supports, as well as early childhood education, afterschool and enrichment programs, and family supports. The book builds on nine years of research by the Broader, Bolder Approach to Education, a national initiative endorsed by more than sixty policy experts and leaders from across the country. It draws on case studies of effective ISS efforts in twelve diverse communities to illustrate the variety of strategies that can be adopted locally. A call to action that also provides examples of communities that are successfully leveling the playing field for poor children, this book offers a detailed vision for building comprehensive systems to support all children.
About the Author
Elaine Weiss is a former national coordinator for the Broader, Bolder Approach to Education. Paul Reville is the Francis Keppel Professor of Practice of Educational Policy and Administration at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and a former secretary of education for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Contributor: Elaine Weiss
- Imprint: Harvard Educational Publishing Group
- ISBN13: 9781682533482
- Number of Pages: 312
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229mm
- Packaged Weight: 433
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Harvard Educational Publishing Group
- Release Date: 2019-06-30
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Elaine Weiss is a former national coordinator for the Broader, Bolder Approach to Education. Paul Reville is the Francis Keppel Professor of Practice of Educational Policy and Administration at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and a former secretary of education for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.