* Visually engaging and accessible, designed to support diverse learning needs and abilities.
* Up-to-date content following the latest QCF specification and standards.
* Assessment activities in each unit to put the learning in context and prepare the learner for real assessment.
* Up-to-date case studies to encourage learners to see how theory relates to industry practice and links to their future career.
* Authentic workplace scenarios put learners in the professionals' shoes, allowing them to apply their knowledge to a real-life situation and consolidate their understanding.
* Hints and tips for success written by experienced authors and tutors in the industry, to help learners get the most from their BTEC course.
* Complete coverage of the BTEC Level 2 Specialist Qualifications in Door Supervision and Security Guarding.
About the author team
Alannah Burke has over 20 year experience in security and physical intervention training and has been training Door Supervisors for SIA licensing since regulation began. She is trained in the delivery of Physical Intervention.
Andy Element has worked in the security industry for over a decade and has been employed in various roles including static guarding, event security and door supervision. Andy is an experienced trainer of door supervision, security guarding, CCTV, wheel clamping and stewarding. Andy is trained in delivery of Physical. Physical Intervention. He has over three decades martial arts experience and teach courses in self defence.
Debra Gray has taught and managed public services for the last 13 years and is currently Head of Learning for Sport and Public Services at Chesterfield College. Her responsibilities include qualifications in door supervision, security guarding , event stewarding, self defence and conflict management. She has a BSc in Criminology, MSc in Criminal Justice Studies and an MA in Educational Management She is a qualified self defence instructor and have a black belt in full contact kick boxing, a black belt in semi contact kick boxing and a brown belt in ju jitsu. She has written over 20 different publications for Pearson over the last 10 years.