Each Student Book and ActiveBook has clearly laid out pages with a range of supportive features to aid learning and teaching:
* Getting to know your unit sections ensure learners understand the grading criteria and unit requirements.
* Getting ready for assessment sections focus on preparation for external assessment with guidance for learners on what to expect. Hints and tips will help them prepare for assessment and sample answers are provided for a range of question types including, short and long answer questions, all with a supporting commentary.
* Pause point features provide opportunities for learners to self-evaluate their learning at regular intervals. Each Pause Point feature give learners a Hint or Extend option to either revisit and reinforce the topic or encourage independent research or further study skills.
* Case study and Theory into practice features enable development of problem-solving skills and place the theory into real-life situations learners could encounter.
* Assessment practice features provide scaffolded assessment practice activities that help prepare learners for assessment. Within each assessment practice activity, a Plan, Do and Review section supports learners' formative assessment by making sure they fully understand what they are being asked to do, what their goals are and how to evaluate the task and consider how they could improve.
* Literacy and numeracy activities provide opportunities for reinforcement in these key areas, placing the skills into a sport context.
* Dedicated Think future pages provide case studies from the industry, with a focus on aspects of skills development that can be put into practice in a real work environment and further study.