Collins Cambridge IGCSE (R) Economics Teacher Guide supports the Student Book by providing full and comprehensive guidance on how to teach the course, with clear lesson notes and syllabus information.
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
First teaching: 2018 First examination: 2020
The Teacher Guide supports the new IGCSE Economics syllabus (0455) as well as the Cambridge O-level syllabus (2281) and has been carefully developed to meet the needs of teachers in international schools.
* Updated syllabus for first examination 2020, for first teaching 2018
* Chapters and units follow the same book order as the Student Book
* Introductory section outlines the features in the book and suggests ways to use each part
* Units follow the same structure as the Student Book so that it is straightforward for teachers to work through
* Suggestions given on how to teach each unit
* Guidance given on assessing Knowledge Check questions and end-of-chapter exercises
* Additional notes on classroom skills, to help teachers with areas such as classroom management, building language skills, setting up group work, and building student confidence
* Support given for non-subject specialists, with any required introductory background or prior knowledge explained at the beginning of each unit for those who need it
* Guidance given on how to use the questions and how and when to assess students' responses
* Suggested review questions for remedial or revision work
* Notes on case studies, projects and other activities
* Ideas for extension work, extension topics and research
* Suggestions for additional collaborative activities to foster communication and presentation skills
* Answer keys for all questions in the Student Book
* Includes Worksheets for additional activities
This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.