The third edition of the Collins Cambridge IGCSE (R) English Student Book covers in depth every skill and topic in the Cambridge IGCSE (R) and IGCSE (R) (9-1) First Language English syllabuses (0500 and 0990), showing students how to make progress.
This Student Book supports the syllabuses for first examination in 2020.
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
First teaching: September 2018 First exams: June 2020
This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
* Revised and updated to support the 2020 syllabus and examination formats.
* Show students how to progress with a clear Student Book structure that moves from building key reading, writing and technical skills to applying these skills to specific question types and coursework tasks.
* Help students to make progress with regular `Check your progress' checklists and annotated sample answers to exemplify how to do well.
* Prepare students for examination success with sample questions at the end of each chapter and two complete practice papers at the end of the book. Detailed guidance and annotated sample answers in the Teacher Guide help you and your classes to make the most of the practice examination papers in the Student Book.
* Build confidence in speaking and listening with clear guidance, activities and exemplification of the presentation and discussion tasks.
* Save time on planning and preparation with expert support from Julia Burchell, an experienced examiner and trainer.
Mike Gould is a former Head of English and a university Lecturer in English and Education, who has written over 150 books for students and teachers in the UK and overseas. He advises schools and other organisations on educational policy, resources and projects related to language, literacy and assessment. He has written print-based and digital materials for learners in places as diverse as Singapore and Saudi Arabia. Steve Eddy is an experienced English teacher and examiner for GCSE, A Level and the European Baccalaureate. He also lectures in English at the University of Wales, Newport, and is the author of numerous educational textbooks and study guides. Gerry Dunn was a secondary school English teacher for over twenty years and is an experienced examiner and trainer. Julia Burchell is an experienced teacher who has spent over twenty years teaching English. She has extensive experience of examining and training schools around the world. Keith Brindle is a senior examiner who was a head of English for many years. He has written over 50 books on English for secondary schools and spends much of his time supporting skills development in schools.