This brand-new Workbook helps students to consolidate their learning, with further practice activities and language support to accompany each chapter of the Student Book.
This Workbook supports the syllabuses for Cambridge IGCSE (R) and IGCSE (R) (9-1) First Language English (0500 and 0990) for first examination in 2020.
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Level & Subject: IGCSE First Language English (0500), IGCSE (9-1) First Language English (0990)
First teaching: September 2018 First exams: June 2020
This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
* Set homework easily or offer extra support where needed with a clear correspondence between the Workbook and Student Book.
* Following the skills-building chapter structure of Student Book, the Workbook provides additional practice of the fundamental reading, writing and speaking and listening skills, covering teaching points in more depth and with more scaffolding where appropriate.
* Practice tasks for all the exam-question styles help students to build their writing stamina and fluency for all the writing forms and purposes required by the syllabus.
* The write-in format means students can review and revisit their learning, providing a useful reference for revision.
* Explanations and activities have been designed to be used by students working individually, without teacher support, if desired.
Mike Gould is a former Head of English and a university Lecturer in English and Education, who has written over 150 books for students and teachers in the UK and overseas. He advises schools and other organisations on educational policy, resources and projects related to language, literacy and assessment. He has written print-based and digital materials for learners in places as diverse as Singapore and Saudi Arabia. Julia Burchell is an experienced teacher who has spent over twenty years teaching English. She has extensive experience of examining and training schools around the world.