Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Level & Subject: Cambridge International AS & A Level Sociology
First teaching: September 2019 First examination: From 2021
The Student's Book provides up-to-date, in-depth and truly international coverage of the Cambridge International syllabus. It is written by a bestselling author team of experienced Sociology teachers, lecturers and examiners.
* Up-to-date and international: each chapter presents the latest research and theories, mapped to the Cambridge syllabus. Contemporary issues case studies from a whole range of different societies help students to apply sociological ideas to the world today.
* Support and challenge the full range of learners: the book offers the depth, detail and clarity that students need to analyse and evaluate at the highest levels, while regular Summary and Key terms boxes help consolidate understanding.
* Develop students' interpretation, application, analysis and evaluation skills with a range of activities ideal for classroom use, including exam-style questions and sample responses at different levels to show students how to improve.
* Bring students closer to the practice of sociology with the unique Now and then feature in which leading sociologists, from Paul Willis to Carol Smart, reassess landmark studies in their own words.
* Visually engaging: high-impact images with activities help students to visualise and apply sociological ideas and theories.
* Trusted author team - Michael Haralambos, Martin Holborn, Steven Chapman, Pauline Wilson, Laura Pountney and Michael Kirby are highly experienced teachers, trainers and examiners, and the authors of bestselling A Level Sociology textbooks.
* Supports teachers' planning with a free editable scheme of work, available on our website Collins.co.uk. This clearly maps content to the syllabus and summarises what is covered in each Part and Unit of the book.