Capitalism From Within: Economy, Society, and the State in a Japanese Fishery
David L. Howell (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Japan's stunning metamorphosis from an isolated feudal regime to a major industrial power over the course of the nineteeth and early twentieth centuries has long fascinated and vexed historians. In this study, David L. Howell looks beyond the institutional and technological changes that followed Japan's reopening to the West to probe the indigenous origins of Japanese capitalism.
About the Author
David L. Howell is Professor of Japanese History at Harvard University and Editor of the Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies.
- Contributor: David L. Howell
- Imprint: University of California Press
- ISBN13: 9780520301580
- Number of Pages: 264
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229x15mm
- Packaged Weight: 408
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Release Date: 2020-03-20
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: David L. Howell is Professor of Japanese History at Harvard University and Editor of the Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies.