"Vivid, buzzing with energy and great rhymes." Guardian "Steeped in sunlight ... a magical collection." Daily Telegraph "Fire in the treetops, / Fire in the sky. / Blossoms red as sunset / Dazzling to the eye..." Full of the amazing sights, sounds, smells and rhythms of Trinidad, Guyana, Jamaica, Barbados and the Bahamas, this cornerstone anthology vividly evokes the childhood memories of thirteen poets (a Caribbean dozen!). With over fifty poems, an autobiography of each poet, bibliographies, sumptuous illustrations and an easy-reference index, A Caribbean Dozen is a collection to be savoured for years to come. The Caribbean Dozen - Valerie Bloom, Faustin Charles, Telcine Turner, David Campbell, Opal Palmer Adisa, Marc Matthews, Dionne Brand, Pamela Mordecai, John Lyons, Frank Collymore, James Berry, Grace Nichols and John Agard.
About the Author
Best known for his collections of Caribbean poetry, John is also a well known writer, anthologist and performer of poetry for children and adults. A poet best known for her collections and anthologies which aim to capture the atmosphere of Caribbean culture.
- Contributor: John Agard
- Imprint: Walker Books Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781406392852
- Number of Pages: 112
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198x7mm
- Packaged Weight: 107
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Walker Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2020-03-05
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Best known for his collections of Caribbean poetry, John is also a well known writer, anthologist and performer of poetry for children and adults. A poet best known for her collections and anthologies which aim to capture the atmosphere of Caribbean culture.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.