Catalogue of the Late Roman, Byzantine and Barbaric Coins in the Charles University Collection (364-1092 A. D.)
Federico Gambacorta (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The collection of ancient coins at Charles University has existed in its present state since 1945. That year Greek, Roman, and other ancient coins were entrusted to the care of the Seminar for Ancient History and incorporated into their already extensive collection. The present collection contains about four thousand pieces, mostly in silver and bronze. Federico Gambacorta's catalog showcases 243 coins from the collection and is organized chronologically, starting with coins from the period in which Valentinian I was emperor of Rome - 364 to 375 AD - to the end of the Byzantine Empire. The catalog features entries with full-color illustrations and a detailed historical description of each coin. 243 colour plates
About the Author
Federico Gambacorta is a research fellow in the Institute for Classical Archaeology at Charles University, Prague.
- Contributor: Federico Gambacorta
- Imprint: Karolinum,Nakladatelstvi Univerzity Karlovy,Czech Republic
- ISBN13: 9788024622408
- Number of Pages: 96
- Packaged Dimensions: 209x291x4mm
- Packaged Weight: 306
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Karolinum,Nakladatelstvi Univerzity Karlovy,Czech Republic
- Release Date: 2014-03-21
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Federico Gambacorta is a research fellow in the Institute for Classical Archaeology at Charles University, Prague.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.