These are dark days. The world is seething with imbeciles and poltroons. Everywhere the careless and thoughtless are charging about the place in hulking 4x4s, or inviting Channel 4 to come around rather than clean their own homes. So comedian Chris Addison has written CAUTIONARY TALES FOR GROWN-UPS - poems to illustrate the dangers of modern behaviour.
The tales include:
* The Gloucestershire Horse Club, Who posed Naked for a Charity Calendar.
* Phillip, who talked only in Management Speak
* Myfanwy, Who answered an Email from a Nigerian Bank Manager
* and Fiona and Dave, who had a Wacky Wedding
Sparklingly wicked and cunningly illustrated, this is a hilarious Struwelpeter for the twenty-first century.
Create a review
- publication date: 05/10/2010
- ID: 9781444717136
- book language: en
- publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
- publisher imprint: Hodder & Stoughton
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes