Exam Board: WJEC
First Teaching: September 2017
First Exam: June 2019
Endorsed by WJEC
Confidently tackle curriculum change with the market-leading series for WJEC GCSE History; relaunched to cover the new content and assessment requirements, this book helps every student develop the in-depth knowledge and historical skills they need to achieve their best.
- Guides you through the key questions and content in the 2017 specification, with thorough and reliable course coverage from a team of expert examiners, teachers and authors
- Builds understanding of Welsh, British and wider-world history through a clear, detailed narrative that is accessible to all learners
- Enables students to practise and improve their enquiry, analytical and evaluative skills as they progress through carefully-designed activities in each chapter
- Enhances subject knowledge and interest by including a range of stimulating source materials for discussion and reflection
- Prepares students for assessment with practice questions, sample responses and step-by-step guidance on approaching questions
Steve Waugh taught history at all levels for over thirty-five years at an inner city comprehensive school and a small private school. He has written history textbooks for several leading publishers. John Wright was an experienced A Level History teacher and has written in the Access to History for the IB Diploma and GCSE Modern World History series.