Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether you're travelling to Rio de Janeiro this summer to witness the Games, have a trip in the pipeline or are just plain curious, download our FREE guide to get a sample of everything the Cidade Maravilhosa has to offer. From rainforest hikes and beachfront bike rides to quintessentially Brazilian capoeira and beach soccer, this city is made for sports lovers. Get a feel for the neighborhoods and venues hosting the 2016 Games - plus essential Rio sights and activities.
Inside 'Celebrate Rio':
- Get inspired - neighborhood highlights, expert recommendations, gorgeous photography
- Planning advice - transport and budget advice, plus info for travellers with accessibility needs
- Discover even more - local customs, quintessential flavors and toe-tapping rhythms of Rio
- Experience Rio like a local - up-to-date advice at a neighborhood level
- Essential info at your fingertips - handy phrases, health and safety info and top sights
Top Things to do in Rio
World-class beaches, lush rainforests and the iconic Cristo Redentor.
Neighborhoods of the 2016 Games Venues
Barra da Tijuca & Western Rio; Copacabana & Leme; Deodoro and Zona Norte (MaracanÃ£).
Food and drink
Explore the flavours of Rio and create your own Brazilian dishes with our easy-to-follow recipes.
Music, festivals and events
Must-see spectacles and a Spotify soundtrack of essential tunes.
Beautiful beaches, panoramic views, action sports and unmissable parks.
Family travel in Rio
Cable-car rides, bike rides and boat trips - not to mention lots of tasty treats!
Everything you need to know about the gay capital of Latin America.
Tips and resources for travellers with accessibility requirements in Rio.
Health and Safety
What you need to know to stay safe and well in Rio.
Key words and phrases to help you connect with locals in their language.
There's More in Store for You:
Ready to start planning your trip? Check out Lonely Planet Brazil, for a comprehensive look at the whole country,***Lonely Planet Rio de Janeiro*** for a detailed look at all of the city's neighborhoods, or Lonely Planet Make My Day Rio de Janeiro, a unique guide that allows you to effortlessly plan your perfect day by flipping through the sections to mix and match your itinerary for morning, afternoon and evening.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, gift and lifestyle books and stationery, as well as an award-winning website, magazines, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
- publication date: 21/07/2016
- ID: 9781786578952
- series: Lonely Planet
- book language: en
- publisher: Lonely Planet Publications
- publisher imprint: Lonely Planet
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Android FixedLayoutEpub DRM Yes
- IOS FixedLayoutEpub DRM Yes
- Windows FixedLayoutEpub DRM Yes