A comprehensive survey of the countries and territories of this region, incorporating the latest economic and political developments.
Essays by acknowledged experts in the region cover a variety of topical issues.
In addition, appendices discuss the religions of the region and the Russian Baltic territory of Kaliningrad.
Individual chapters for each country, containing:
- information on physical and social geography
- a detailed chronology of political events, both recent and historical
- essays on each country's political history and economy
- a statistical survey
- an extensive directory of contact details for political, state and commercial institutions and organizations in the region (covering national and local government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judicial system, religion, the media, finance, telecommunications and broadcasting, major companies, transport, tourism, culture, social welfare, the environment, defence, education and more)
- and a select bibliography.
Who's Who in Central and South-Eastern Europe
Biographical details for more than 200 of the region's leading political figures.
Contact information and extensive details of the activities of regional and international organizations active in the region; a list of research institutes that focus on the region, together with contact details; and select bibliographies of both books and periodicals.