Championing Science shows scientists how to persuasively communicate complex scientific ideas to decision makers in government, industry, and education. This comprehensive guide provides real-world strategies to help scientists develop the essential communication, influence, and relationship-building skills needed to motivate nonexperts to understand and support their science. Instruction, interviews, and examples demonstrate how inspiring decision makers to act requires scientists to extract the essence of their work, craft clear messages, simplify visuals, bridge paradigm gaps, and tell compelling narratives. The authors bring these principles to life in the accounts of science champions such as Robert Millikan, Vannevar Bush, scientists at Caltech and MIT, and others. With Championing Science, scientists will learn how to use these vital skills to make an impact. 17 images, 4 tables
Also available on eBook for £15.59. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Roger D. Aines is Chief Scientist of the Energy Program at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.Amy L. Aines is Founder and CEO of Damianakes Communications. Throughout her career she has helped scientists and technologists communicate breakthrough ideas.
- Contributor: Roger D. Aines
- Imprint: University of California Press
- ISBN13: 9780520298071
- Number of Pages: 272
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229x23mm
- Packaged Weight: 590
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Release Date: 2019-01-25
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Roger D. Aines is Chief Scientist of the Energy Program at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.Amy L. Aines is Founder and CEO of Damianakes Communications. Throughout her career she has helped scientists and technologists communicate breakthrough ideas.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.